Background of Kampong Bharu
Kampong Bharu has been recognized as a Malay community settlement through the Selangor State Government Gazette dated 12 January 1900 via the Malay Agricultural Settlement (M.A.S) reserve under Section 6 of the Land Enactment 1897 which is controlled by means of the occupancy and management of M.A.S (Selangor Gazette No. 21/1900).
This reserve area was then administered by the administrative board of an entity known as the Malay Agricultural Settlement (M.A.S). Subsequently, in 1965 the Selangor State Government agreed to give 838 land titles to the occupants in this area.
The Kampong Bharu Development Corporation (PKB) was established through the provisions of the Kampong Bharu Development Corporation Act 2011 [Act 733] which serves as the coordinating agency in the redevelopment of Kampong Bharu. PKB officially began operations in July 2012.